Get a mens blazer can be a difficult task as an unfitted blazer can not only spoil the grace of the entire look but can also cost a loss on the money you spent on it. Hence, it is important to pick a perfect fit blazer that can go well with different sweaters, shirts and t-shirts. Mentioned under are few tips to buy it, take a look:
- The most important thing with blazers is the measurement. Thus, one should be clear with the physical measurements, for that, use a measuring tape and measure under the arms and then across the shoulder blades. The resultant measurement would be the corresponding size of the blazer. For example, 40 inches would signify the need of a size 40 blazer.
- Single breast and double breast are the two main types of blazers available in the market. Double breast blazers have its own unique appeal but single breast blazers are the most versatile in terms of style. One can easily team it up with either of the semi-formals, formals and casuals.
- While buying a blazer make sure that you pick a color that goes well with maximum number of your dress shirts, sweaters and trousers. Shades like black, navy blue and gray are safest to buy.
- Fabric of the blazer is again an important consideration. Wool and tweed blazers are the most popular choices but then, one can find suede and cotton blazers as well. Few of these are washable while others need to be dry-cleaned. Label instructions are important to read before buying a blazer.
- The best way to check the comfort and fit of a mens blazer is by trying it on and experiencing its fit and feel first hand. Wear it and walk around, bend down, stand up, sit and see how the blazer is moving on the body and whether or not it is comfortable.
- Check for overall fit and comfort. Once you have selected a men’s blazer, try it on and see how it feels. Sit down wearing the blazer, then stand up, and move around. See how the blazer moves with you and how you feel in it.